This is the 31st running of the Donoughmore A.C. 7M road race, making it one of the older club races on the Cork calendar. There’s a lot of competition in the race calendar with many fun runs, charity runs, fund-raising runs and commercial runs. The Donoughmore 7M is a club race with strong community support. It is not a fundraiser and runs on a “break even” basis. Donoughmore A.C. would very much appreciate your support.
- Road Race Donoughmore Friday July 19th at 8.00pm
- Full details, On-line entry, course profile, photos, etc.
- Non-competitive run at 7pm, fun run (1mile) at 7.30pm
- Accurate course, AI permit granted
- Unique course in scenic countryside
- Extensive prize list including 1st, 2nd, 3rd in all vets categories
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd club team prizes for both men’s and women’s teams
- BHAA team prize
- Parking, showers, stewarding, mile-times, etc
- Post-race refreshments
- Low entry fee – €10
- On-line entry to speed up registration and entry (but can also enter on the night)
- Chip timing (new for 2013)
- Runner’s “Take the challenge“ t-shirt, frequently seen at Cork races!
- Non-competitive walk/run at 7pm (bring your partner!)
- One mile fun run at 7.30 pm (bring your mother and your kids)
- Part of the 2013 Ballyhoura Cork Series (run 5 of 7 for a special t-shirt)
From Cork City and its suburbs, head for the Anglers Rest Bar just off the western end of the N22 Carrigrohane (Straight) Road. Follow the R579 northwards bypassing Muskerry Golf Club and the Tower-Blarney turnoff. After about 10 miles on the R579, you’ll reach the R619 intersection. At this point, right turn for Donoughmore. Alternatively, Donoughmore is about 12 miles SW of Mallow on the R619 Mallow-Coachford road.