The St. Finbarr’s A.C. 60th anniversary dinner dance and awards took place on Friday February 25th. A fantastic evening was enjoyed by over 100 members. Fergus O’Donovan gave a fantastic talk on the club’s history and PJ Walsh presented a series of photographs from the club’s many endeavours and successes. There were spot prizes, dancing to music by the band The Irish Weavers and to top it off, the club’s annual awards ceremony.
The awards for 2011 were….
- Athlete of the year: Davina Fenton
- Most consistent athlete: Paul Gallagher
- Most improved athlete: Patrick Rahilly
- Performance of the year: Ann Donnelly, for leading the Irish team home in the Master International Cross Country
- Hall of Fame: Paddy Hennessy for his exploits in the 50’s and 60’s. Paddy is the only living founder member of the club
- Club person of the year: Dan Kennedy