St. Finbarr’s A.C. is following and implementing COVID-19 safety guidelines set by Sports Ireland, Athletics Ireland and the Irish Health Service Executive.
COVID-19 is still with us and we need to be ever vigilant regarding contact tracing, social distancing and hygiene.
With the latest Government announcement, outdoor gatherings of a maximum of 15 people are permitted.
- Sports Ireland and Athletics Ireland have confirmed that all training groups can continue to operate in multiple groups of 15.
- St. Finbarr’s A.C. are continuing with training in pods/groups of 15 maximum using different lanes (for stretches, warm up and session) and start points.
- Members are required to complete the Health Screen Form on the day of each session you attend.
- The form will ask you to choose a pod/group. If in the case one of the groups is full you will be contacted before the session to confirm your assigned pod.
- There is no mixing of members between pods before, during or after the session.
- We encourage you to fill out the form as early as you can on the day of a session. You will be notified in the case of maximum numbers being reached.
Members should stay home if feeling unwell, and consult your GP.
If you answer YES to any of the following questions on the day of a particular session, we ask that you stay away from club training sessions until such time that you can answer NO to all questions.
- Do you have symptoms of cough, fever, high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, breathlessness or flu-like symptoms now or in the past 14 days?
- Have you been diagnosed with confirmed or suspected of COVID-19 infection in the last 14 days?
- Are you a close contact of a person who is a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days (i.e. less than 2 metres for more than 15 minutes altogether in 1 day)?
- Have you been advised by a doctor to self-isolate at this time?
- Have you, within the last 14 days, visited any country outside of Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland)?
- Are you in a period of self-isolation and/or cocooning?
Gatherings, including social gatherings, before or after events must be avoided. Participants should practice 2 metre physical distancing before and after events and during breaks in sessions.
- Monday Circuit at 18:00 – meet outside ”The Farm” on the Curraheen Rd.
- Wednesdays at 18:00 – Mardyke Track
- Fridays at 18:00 – Mardyke Track
Safe Return to Club Activities
On return to club activities members will be required to:
- Complete the Covid Health Screening Questionnaire on the day of a specific session. This form acts as a contact tracing form also. You must complete the form for each training session you attend.
The form can be found on the website Member Area and on the St. Finbarr’s App for your mobile phone.
- Maintain Social Distancing:
– Participants should arrive ‘ready to train’ and not require the use of a changing area.
– Maintain 2 meter distance before and after training and during where at all possible.
– No unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, elbow taps, hugs or huddles.
- Maintain Hand Hygiene:
– Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer to the session and use regularly.
- Maintain Respiratory Hygiene:
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or use a tissue where possible which is immediately disposed of.
– No spitting or clearing the nose in the presence of others.
- Stay at home and not attend training if you feel unwell or are displaying any COVID symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath or loss of smell or taste.
Mardyke Track Protocol
- Familiarise yourself with the meeting points (please see map).
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines while at the meeting point.
- Members are not to arrive at the Mardyke grounds any earlier than 5 minutes before start time and must wait at the designated meeting point before entering the track.
- The St. Finbarr’s COVID Supervisor will log the session at the Mardyke track Kiosk.
- Do not enter the track if another club has a booked session that has not yet finished. Please wait until the other club have left the track.
Enter only by the entry gate highlighted on the map.
Exit only by the exit gate highlighted on the map.
Members must adhere to hand sanitisation protocol and bring their own hand sanitizer to training sessions.
Dressing Rooms & Toilets
Until further notice dressing rooms will remain closed, however the toilets will be accessible.
As always there is no parking available onsite at the Mardyke Sports Grounds for track users.
Monday Circuit Protocol
- Familiarise yourself with the meeting point. It is outside the main gates of ”The Farm”. The circuit does not take place on ”The Farm” grounds.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines while at the meeting point.
- Members are not to arrive at the meeting point any earlier than 5 minutes before start time.
- The coach for the evening will give clear instructions as to the circuit which will take place along the river path towards the back of C.I.T..
Safe Return to Training Checklist
All members should review the following checklist before resuming training sessions:
- Ensure that you remain up to date with official COVID-19 information.
- All attendees should, in advance of attending each session, complete Covid Health Screening Questionnaire which acts as a contact tracing form also.
- Ensure that you are following all advice and guidance issued by your National Governing Body of Sport or relevant representative body
- Please do not to carpool, wait in your car or outside the venue until just before the beginning of a practice, warm-up, or game, instead of congregating with others prior to starting.
- Meet no earlier than 5 minutes before training at specific meeting area. Enter via designated entry route.
- There is no use of shared spaces such as changing rooms, locker rooms, showers permitted.
- Access to the Mardyke Pavilion is for use of toilets and emergency medical assistance only.
- Sanitise your hands before entering the sports grounds.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 metres between individuals where possible.
- Stay within the small group of runners you are assigned to by your coach while on the track.
- No spitting or clearing the nose in the presence of others.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when coughing or sneezing, or using a tissue where possible which is immediately disposed of.
- No unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, elbow taps, hugs or huddles.
- Exit via the designated exit route.
- Sanitise your hands on leaving the track.
- Maintain social distancing outside the sports grounds and do not congregate in groups post session.
Club COVID Officials
The COVID Compliance Officer is committee member Anita Locke and can be reached at email@example.com, on 087 9755344 or by using the Contact Us form.
There will be an appointed COVID Supervisor at each training session.
The COVID Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring COVID-19 protocols, including collation of training session time sheet, confirming all participants have completed the health questionnaire, and isolating any member who becomes unwell during training.
As a club and Athletics Ireland member we are required to have specific internal protocols and contact tracing measures in place but we would also like to remind members of the downloadable National COVID tracker App, a further step to keeping yourself and others safe.
Your compliance with these safety measures is very much appreciated.