Summary: Restrictions have been lifted but please maintain good hygiene practices and do not participate in or attend training/races if symptomatic.
On Friday January 21st 2022 the Government made an announcement in relation to Public Health Measures.
The full announcement can be accessed here: gov.ie – Government announces that most of the public health measures currently in place can be removed (www.gov.ie)
As set out in the announcement a large number of the public health measures currently in place can be removed. Key items in relation to sport & physical activity are as follows:
1. Formal requirements for physical distancing (2m) removed
2. 8pm closing time for sporting events removed
3. Capacity restrictions for outdoor sporting events removed
4. Capacity restrictions for indoor sporting events removed
5. Seated only spectators at indoor sporting events removed
6. Use of pods for indoor sporting activities removed
7. Use of a COVID pass to access indoor events removed
The Government have reiterated the need for ongoing close monitoring of the virus. Sporting bodies should continue to risk assess individual activities and events.
This includes the continued implementation of good hygiene practices along with recommending symptomatic individuals do not participate in or attend sporting activities.
Thank you everybody!