Level 3 COVID-19 safety measures will come into place on 7th October 2020.
Summary of Athletics Ireland update:
Key Restrictions at Level 3
- No competition/events.
- Outdoor training pods of up to 15 permitted.
- Stay in your county except for work, education or essential services.
Level 3 Training
- Outdoors: Non-contact training only in pods of up to 15 (exemption for professional/elite/inter-county sports/senior club championship).
- Indoors: Individual training only. No exercise classes.
View the full Athletics Ireland Notice.
Please remember the following safety protocols while training:
- Maintain Social Distancing:
– Participants should arrive ‘ready to train’ and not require the use of a changing area.
– Maintain 2 meter distance before and after training and during where at all possible.
– No unnecessary physical contact, such as high fives, handshakes, fist bumps, elbow taps, hugs or huddles.
- Maintain Hand Hygiene:
– Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer to the session and use regularly.
- Maintain Respiratory Hygiene:
– Cough or sneeze into your elbow, or use a tissue where possible which is immediately disposed of.
– No spitting or clearing the nose in the presence of others.
- Stay at home and not attend training if you feel unwell or are displaying any COVID symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath or loss of smell or taste.
Mardyke Track Protocol
Please keep within your pod at training sessions. Each pod uses:
- Separate meeting points (place to go to on entering the track/bag & water bottle drop off point)
- Separate warm up/stretches on specific lanes
- Separate lanes for the session
Pod A – using lanes 1,2,3 for warm up and session
Pod B – using lanes 6,7,8 for warm up and session
Pod C – if and when there is a need for Pod C, use lanes 4 & 5.
Once Pod A on inside lanes 1,2,3 move off the start line Pod C can move up from their meeting point to the same start line in lanes 4 and 5 and take off from there.
Pod C will be asked to make their way back to Pod C meeting point between intervals and wait for Pod A to move off the start line before again making their way up to start line where the coach is.
- Familiarise yourself with the meeting points (please see map).
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines while at the meeting point.
- Members are not to arrive at the Mardyke grounds any earlier than 5 minutes before start time.
- Do not enter the track if another club has a booked session that has not yet finished. Please wait until the other club have left the track.
Enter only by the entry gate highlighted on the map.
Exit only by the exit gate highlighted on the map.
Members must adhere to hand sanitisation protocol and bring their own hand sanitizer to training sessions.
Dressing Rooms & Toilets
Until further notice dressing rooms will remain closed, however the toilets will be accessible.
As always there is no parking available onsite at the Mardyke Sports Grounds for track users.